Pavement construction and repair is transformed through advancing technology. Rabine Paving America (RPA) leads the industry in world class pavement engineering, innovation and new technology. We are dedicated to bringing you the most current and quality products and services available.
Emerging paving technologies transform the way we think about pavement construction and repair. Rabine Group brings you the most unique and innovative pavement products and techniques offered throughout the industry. We invest in the time to research and test products on our very own pavement research and development center at our headquarters.
Rabine Paving America offers many innovative solutions including pervious concrete, pourous asphalt, stamped pavements and recycled asphalt. UltraLot Whitetopping and Roller Compacted Concrete are our two favorite innovations due to their low maintenance costs and benefits.
Request a Quote
UltraLot Whitetopping is a state-of-the art concrete overlay technique designed to provide aging pavements a long-term solution. Most pavement’s service life can be doubled or tripled using a concrete overlay. Once completed the pavement requires little to no maintenance.
Advantages of UltraLot Whitetopping
- Strength – Concrete is much stronger than asphalt.
- Maintenance Costs – Lower maintenance costs than asphalt due to durability. Concrete does not require sealcoating and rarely needs patching.
- Appearance – UltraLot Whitetopping has a beautiful finish that reflects light.
- Environmental Benefits – Concrete overlaying helps reduce urban heat island effects. Using industrial byproducts like fly ash help reduce waste.
- Efficiency – Turnaround project time is similar to an asphalt parking lot.
Roller Compacted Concrete
Roller Compacted Concrete (RCC) is becoming a popular pavement choice for many applications. RCC is made using cement water and aggregates. Unlike traditional concrete, RCC is strong enough to be vibratory roller compacted. RCC is an innovation frequently used by utility companies because of its competitive cost, durability and sustainability.
Advantages of Roller Compacted Concrete
- Strength – RCC is used for heavy load areas. It does not rutt, deteriorate from fuel spills or soften under high temperatures.
- Maintenance Costs – Maintenance costs are significantly lower than asphalt due to its strength and durability.
- Appearance – RCC has a rough finish due to aggregates in the mixture.
- Environmental Benefits – Urban heat island effects are reduced through higher solar reflectivity. The long life cycle decreases the need for new material.
- Efficiency – RCC is quickly installed, allowing businesses to stay open. It also can be placed on colder days.
Porous asphalt and pervious concrete consist of an open-graded surface over a stone bed. The water drains through the asphalt, into the stone bed, and infiltrates the soil slowly. Surface contaminants are swept along through the stone bed and into the sub-base so that the water is cleansed through natural process.
Advantages of pervious pavements:
- Environmental Benefits – Reduces the amount of pollutants carried to a storm drain or waterway. Aids in reducing peak runoff velocity and volume.
- Service Life – The minimum service life for properly maintained permeable pavement is 20 years.
- Design Options – Pervious concrete’s appearance can be customized through an assortment of colors and materials.
Reclaimed Asphalt is recycled asphalt that is collected, crushed, cut and screened to produce an aggregate coated in asphalt. This mixture can be combined with other recyclable materials to produce structurally reliable asphalt with a reduced carbon footprint.
Advantages of reclaimed asphalt
- No Change in Quality – Asphalt does not lose its quality when it is recycled.
- Money Savings – Recycled asphalt is a cheaper material to produce and purchase. Costs are lower than traditional asphalt because there is no need to mine for material.
- Increased Use of Other Recyclables – Materials from other industries are recycled into asphalt materials instead of being thrown into landfills.